Harbormaster: Dan Devereaux
85 Pleasant Street
Brunswick, Maine 04011
Harbormaster: Genaro Balzano
192 North Road
Chebeague Island, Maine 04017
Phone: (207) 846-3148
Harbormaster: Benjamin Burnes
290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, ME 04021
Phone: (207) 829-6391
Harbormaster: Alan Twombley
Town Landing Road
Falmouth, ME 04105
Harbormaster: Jay Pinkham
Office (207) 865-4546
Cell: (207) 751-4691
Harbormaster: Paul Plummer
P.O. Box 39
Harpswell, Maine 04079
Phone: (207) 833-5771 Ext 106
Harbormaster: Kevin J. Battle
Phone: (207) 831-6962
Harbormaster: Robert J. Byron -Shellfish Warder
Yarmouth Police Department
200 Main Street
Yarmouth, Maine 04096
Phone: (207) 846-3333
- Has your mooring been inspected within the past 1 ½ years? If so, did the mooring pass inspection or have the necessary repairs been made?
- Were the upper chain, swivel, and pendant line been inspected in the spring? Please note this should have been done as a part of de-winterizing the mooring.
- Is the mooring adequate to withstand a good storm? Adequate scope in pendant line, chain, and weight?
- If you plan to pull the boat, do you have a safe place to store the boat away from trees and water?
- Chafing gear must be in place.
- All sails should be removed to reduce windage.
- Dodgers and all loose gear should be removed from the deck.
- Antennas should be taken down.
- Charge your batteries.
- Check your bilge pump.
- Check that all your hatches are locked and watertight.
- If the boat is tied to a dock, face the bow of the boat into the weather to avoid waves jumping into the stern of the boat.
- Tie the boat to several cleats and possibly to the pilings. Do not overload any one cleat.
- Remove ships papers, personal gear and electronics if you are concerned about losing them.
- Smaller boats and trailers should be pulled to safe storage. The sooner you do this the better because the boat ramps will be busy.
- Check your neighbors boat if they are out of town & possibly help prepare their boat.
- Set your anchor with a minimum of 7:1 scope towards the most or predicted wind direction.
- Add extra scope to the mooring pendant with two additional lines if there is enough swing room.
- Obey all local rules and evacuation procedures.